Paneer Calzone – by, Sapana Behl
2 months back, I announced the 1st event ‘Sweet Celebration’ on this cooking space as a part of my 3rd blog-anniversary celebration! Received 156 sweet entries for the event n I got to get my winner on the last day!!! Here is a pretty lady with lucky no. 94 – Sapana of ‘Cooking with Sapana‘ :)
I got in touch with her a few months back only, but I was always tempted to try many easy-yummy snack she posted on her space! Obviously, reached her blog via some space on blogger only n since then, I followed each of her posts!!! I came across many people who will go desperate/frown for a winner-prize, but loved her attitude. She won a cookbook n she was supposed to receive it at the earliest… Due to some chaos happened while posting from here, it got delayed for about a week in vain. I informed her about my plan to take the other way of posting it, n I found her so calm n happy in response! I requested her to be my guest on the day she received my courier n she immediately accepted it… And I was more than happy when she brought one of my very favorite fusion snack -“Paneer Calzone” :) I confessed that I hardly get lazy in my kitchen, but after seeing her dish, I certainly got that laziness!!! Wish I could have the same plate with a cuppa tea :P Thanks a ton, Sapana – for a wonderful guest-post n of course, for a tag ‘young‘!!! :P
Here she is…
Hello Foodies !! I am Sapana, a food blogger @ cookingwithsapana . I like cooking and eating food and do like to experiment too in my cooking . It’s been 10 months since I started blogging and I have had learnt a lot from this amazing world of blogosphere. Today, I am here with a guest post for a lovely girl Shruti.
Everyone knows this pretty girl “Shruti” , who is an enthusiastic and young food blogger. Recently I have won a cook book in her blog’s event and since then we have been in contact with each other. She has given me the opportunity to do a guest post for her wonderful blog . Well first of all I was like struck, what should I prepare for the guest post , finally I ended up with these Paneer Calzone pockets which I have seen on a TV show called Mummy Ka Magic on Food Food Channel. Thanks a lot Shruti for giving me this opportunity and hope you will like this yummylicious snacks that I have prepared for you.
Have a wonderful time… Cheers!!!
Calzone is folded or rolled pizza , shaped like half moon , made with salted dough . The typical stuffing in calzone is tomato , mozzarella and sauce . I tried to replace the traditional cheese stuffing with Paneer and the result was amazing. I have made these pockets in both way I.e baked and fried . Enjoy paneer calzone pockets and make your day!!
Cooking Time: 1 hour
1 cup Paneer /Cottage cheese , cut in small cubes
1/2 cup capsicum , chopped
1/2 cup carrot , chopped
1/4 cup peas
1 onion , chopped
1 spring onion white , chopped
1 spring onion green , chopped
3-4 garlic cloves , chopped
3-4 green chillies , chopped
1 teaspoon red chilly powder
1 teaspoon Peppercorn powder
1 teaspoon basil
Salt to taste
1/4 cup pizza sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
For Outer Pockets–
2 cup All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Dried yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup lukewarm water
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat olive oil in a pan , add garlic , onion and spring onion greens & whites. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add all the chopped veggies , green chillies and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes add paneer cubes chilly powder , salt , peppercorn powder, and basil. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add pizza sauce , mix and set the filling aside till further use.
For Outer pockets–
- Take dried yeast and sugar in a bowl , add 2 tablespoon of lukewarm water and let it prove.
- Take all purpose flour and salt in a bowl , add yeast water and the remaining water and knead a firm dough. Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Make 8 to 10 balls of dough , take one ball , dust it with dry flour and make a medium sized round /disc from it. Fill about a tablespoon of stuffing in the center of disc and cover it with the other side.
- Apply some water on the edges and seal them. Make a pattern with fork on it. Likewise make all the pockets , arrange them on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes till crispy golden.
- Serve hot with ketchup!
- You may also deep-fry the pockets in oil.
- Use veggies of your choice and adjust spices to your taste.