Besan ke Laddoo
I love a beautiful aroma of roasting besan for making any dish in my kitchen! But if I feel the same aroma at my place in India, I get strong vibes of having ‘Besan ke Laddoo’ soon :P Mum makes it every now n then for mandir-bhog n so I’m used to have it often!
Even at in-laws, uncle used to get a pack of these tiny cute laddoos from Gurukul every 15-20 days n so I enjoyed eating them in sharing with my sister-in-law!!! I’m sure they are not only for the festive season… I can have them any time during the year. Try making them… :)
1 cup Coarse Besan
2 tbsp Semolina (Rava or Sooji)
1/2 cup Ghee
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Raw Sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tbsp Chopped Almonds
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan and add besan + semolina in it.
- Roast it on low flame for 8-10 mins, continuously stirring it. It will release sweet aroma or roasting besan and start getting golden brown in color.
- Transfer it to another bowl and let it cool down a little.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped almonds along with caster sugar in it and mix everything well.
- Grease your plams with ghee. When it’s warm, start making laddoos out of it as it’s hard to bind them once they are cooled down!
- Take raw sugar in a plate and once you’re done making laddoos, roll them in raw sugar to cover them lightly.
- Let them rest for 20-25 mins and store them in air-tight container!
- You can also use raisins, but I take them out while eating, so I didn’t add!
- Also, a coating with raw sugar process can be eliminated… I do that for giving a crunch :)