What you prefer to do when you have a bunch of apples sitting idle in your kitchen pantry??!!! I was tired of eating one everyday… Now my doctors too have told me to stay away ;)
I thought of making apple juice along with some sweet, keeping 2 apples for eating after dinner! 2 apples were more than enough to make halwa that serves 1 person only… Ewww, I hate sweets n so I don’t eat more than a spoonful of it… and that too to make sure whether it deserves to be served or not :P Never ever had this before or heard before, yet wanted to give a try as I knew I’ll need less amount of sugar as apples were already sweet. Took a non-stick pan, some pre-processing and bang!!! It turned out to be really a great sweet, which can definitely be cooked during this festive season :)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tbsp Chopped Almonds
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp Ghee
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Peel the apples and roughly chop them into pieces.
- Grind them to make a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan and add coconut into it.
- Once it starts changing color, add crushed apple and almonds. Mix well and keep stirring continuously.
- Cook for approx 10 mins and add sugar with cardamom powder in it. Mix everything well.
- Again cook it for 5-7 more mins.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve hot!!!