Have already shared countless memories of tea-time!!! I’m back with one more…
Last year during mid-summer, when everyone around was looking tired with scortching heat… I packed some wonderful moments. My brother-in-law was getting married last June, which gave me a chance to meet all relatives from in-law’s side whom I met in hurry or didn’t meet at all during my wedding :)
I always feel I more enjoy with my cousins than friends! Actually, they never allowed me to miss my friends :P And I never knew I’ll gel so well with my hubby’s cousins too :) We were around 10-12 of nearly the same age… I had met FP thrice before that occasion n in fact, hubby introduced her many a times in emails/blog-comments so I knew her well even before the 1st meeting… Other than FP, obviously I knew my sister-in-law n her hubby! Got to meet all others for the 1st time…
Reception was held on next evening after wedding day n we enjoyed it thoroughly! Traditional outfits, yummy food n lots of people around… Mesmerizing moments :) We were desparately waiting for the reception ceremony to get over as it was hard to control staying away from food counters that time :P Had dinner n then the game began…
Started playing ‘Dumb Charades’ there n then only… Once that venue owner arrived, we understood it was time to leave! Planned getting together @ uncle’s place… Aunty served all of us flavorful “Masala Chai” n then we started playing Antakshari!!! How I enjoyed it… n more, that was 1st ever time I continued playing until dawn n songs were still in stock :) ‘M not sure if I’m going to get that chance again… Beautiful night-out it was!!! Thanks to all those lovely buddies (cousins) – FP, DP, BM, BG, KS, BS :)
Cuppa tea always transports me back to those golden moments I left behind :)
Just drafting this post sipping on my tea with this chocolate cake, cooked in pressure-cooker!!! Here you go with the recipe…
1 cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Butter
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Melted Chocolate
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2-3 drops Vanilla Extract
3-4 tbsp Milk
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Sieve plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder all together in a big bowl.
- After mixing well, add melted butter, chocolate and caster sugar in it.
- Add milk gradually and keep mixing to make a cake batter of thick consistency.
- Grease an aluminium bowl with butter. Dust it lightly with plain flour.
- Pour cake batter in greased bowl.
- Remove a gasket and whistle from pressure-cooker first and pre-heat it for 5-7 mins on medium flame.
- Arrange a small stand (or thick steel plate) to go at the bottom of cooker. Place a cake bowl over it carefully.
- Close the lid and cook it for nearly 40 mins on slow flame.
- Insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean. If so, cake is ready to take out on cooling rack.
- Serve a piece of cake hot :)