Baked Onion Pakora
I always try finding alternatives to deep-fried munchies! I simply love ‘Onion Pakora’… Actually, who doesn’t??? But deep-frying these pakoras do not work everytime… :(
Nearly a month back, I found a headline ‘Baked Onion Pakora’ while surfing through recipes posted on foodie group! And its picture was just so mouth-watering, I couldn’t restrain myself not trying it out… Last week only I tried it out for an evening snack with a cuppa tea :P Uhhhh!!! I didn’t mention where did I read that??!!!
With a minor change, I followed the original recipe posted by Roma Patil (from Roma’s Kitchen), with whom I got in touch via those groups only! Thank you so much RomaJi for this lip-smacking, healthy n quick trick to enjoy my favorite pakoras anytime :) Off you go with a recipe…
1 Onion, medium
1 tbsp Besan
2 tsp Semolina
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Ajwain
A pinch of Hing
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Cooking Oil
1/4 tsp Fruit Salt
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Cut onion into juliennes.
- Add rest of all ingredients into it and mix well. Add a tsp of besan if required to form fritters.
- Line a baking tray using parchment paper.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and put it on lined baking tray. Similarly, repeat the same process with some distance between 2 fritters.
- Lightly spray them using cooking spray.
- Bake them for approx 20 mins on 180 degrees or until they are crisp and golden brown in color.
- Serve hot!
- Add your favorite veggies (finely chopped) in batter to make ‘Mix Vegetable Fritters’ :)
- Also, methi leaves can be added for more flavors!!!