Mixed Beans Salad
Was just wondering if there is a concept of salad in any Indian dish… If yes, mostly we cut some onions, tomatoes, cucumber and mix them all together with some spices! That’s all about it… I love beans to be included in salad dishes. This time I got a lovely dressing for these beans along with slivered almonds :) Wow… It added a lovely nutty punch to beans!
This is a must-try protein-packed salad to have with Indian meal or even with a Fusion/International dish :)
1/2 can Mixed Beans
1/2 Chopped Red Onion
1 Chopped Tomato
2-3 tsp Slivered Almonds
1 tsp Mustard Sauce
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Drain mixed beans and take them in a salad bowl.
- Add rest of all ingredients into it and toss quickly.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with slivered almonds and coriander leaves.
- Serve chilled as a side or salad!!!
- Add your choice of beans to make this salad. I had a mix of red kidney beans, baby lima beans, chickpeas and butter beans :)
- If you’re not using can, soak these beans overnight in water and pressure-cook them before using in this salad!