Doesn’t matter if I prepare each dish in-house, I still feel that there are many snacks/munchies which doubles my joy while eating on streets :P ‘Aloo Puff’ which is usually known as ‘Veg Puff’ on any food-stall in India. It’s a flaky, crispy n yummy snack that anyone would love to have for on-the-go biting :) I always used to get 2 puffs from a stall in the next street n mum always accompanied me in this quick treat ;) Here, I have to make it by myself only :(
Wanted to make this for a long time, but was waiting the right time! Right time in the sense of utilizing remaining sheets within a day or two :) A weekday evening when hubby works from home n I don’t get anything else to serve with a cuppa tea… opened a pack of Puff Pastry sheets, which I actually got to make a baklava rolls. Just used 1 of those sheets n made this cute little puffs!!! Try it out.. it’s quite an easy snack to make :)
Makes: 4 or 6
1 Sheet Puff Pastry
2 tbsp Boiled Green Peas
1 tbsp Chopped Onion
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and pressure-cook potatoes for 3 whistles. Peel and roughly mash them in a bowl.
- Add rest of all ingredients in it and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in 4 equal portions.
- Thaw a puff pastry sheet for 10 mins if frozen. Cut it into 4 (regular) or 6 (tiny) squares.
- Place them on a flat surface and spread one portion of stuffing on each.
- Fold them to make a rectangle or triangle in shape.
- Brush with cooking oil or use cooking spray to grease them on both sides.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and bake them in pre-heated oven on 200 degrees for approx 15-20 mins or until they are flaky and golden brown.
- Serve hot with cuppa tea :)