It’s 7:15 pm now! A busy hectic day on student’s timetable! All 22 students takes their seats in the class… They look so tired after a long day attending 8 lectures from 10 am to 5 pm in school. A few of them had to attend classes of other subjects in between, n so this class usually always starts late by 15-20 mins.
Oops… I forgot to mention that we’re in the Maths class @ the most prestigious coaching institute :) Unfortunately, I come here just for one subject… Due to less scores in SSC board, couldn’t secure admissions in other subjects! But yes fortunately, got 100% marks in Maths and I’m sitting here talking to you.
Back to the class…
Everyone was ready with their notebooks n textbooks open! And a lord of Maths arrived… Mr. Puranik (Datto, in his own vocab)!!! There was something special about him… We never found ‘sad or tired’ expressions on his face even after taking non-stop 8 batches, and that too teaching on the same topic :(
But today was a different day… When he entered, he looked a little tired n soon he expressed that he was hungry! I was shocked a little as I never heard him talking personal or complaining about anything… But he said, he didn’t get a chance to have some food on-the-go n so he was hungry like anything!
He has ask one of the naughtiest students to go get some food for him quickly… but not anything from roadside stall or restaurant!!! Students internally decides to get something cooked fresh for him… Other student has called up his mom to make a quick dish in 10 mins n 2 of them are going together to pick it up! And they returned, I saw a soothing smile on Sir’s face…
They handed over a tiffin-box to Sir, a school student’s lunch box – I better say! He opened it n found warm delicious ‘Aloo Pauwa’ n in a while, he went out for 10 mins break n came back with an empty tiffin-box. And then the classes started… We’re now shouting n screaming to join Puranik Sir with full energy!!! No no no… Don’t take it wrong! That’s how he teaches… Rhythmic Maths is his specialty!
I still remember those rhythmic equations of Maths in std. 12th:
– Vidhey ni je ghat hoi tema ak umeri chhed ma mukvu.. ek umeri chhed ma mukvu
– dhaal jaano 6o, bindu jaano 6o… bolo bolo, dhaal bindu samikaran
n something like sankalan n vikalan!!! Phew… It was a signature equation n I don’t remember that. If I remembered it during the class even, I would have secured more than 135/150 ;)
It feels so good to get transported back to school days… n cherish what those threads have left behind! It was “The Teacher’s Day” yesterday and I can’t miss to post anything special on this day…
Sir, wasn’t into cooking that time, else I definitely would have cooked something for you! I wish, I’ll bring this dish to you sometime soon :)
HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY!!!
1 cup Cooked Rice
1/2 cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 cup Carrot Slices
4 Button Mushrooms
7-8 Capsicum Juliennes
1 tsp Cajun Spice
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Capsico Sauce
1/2 cup Cheddar + Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Olive oil
5-6 Tortillas (I used home-made beetroot tortillas)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Parboil broccoli florets and carrot slices in boiling water for around 5-7 mins. Drain excess water and keep them aside.
- Wash and trim button mushrooms and cut them into thick slices.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add capsicum slices first. Saute it for a while and add parboiled broccoli and carrots. Cook it for 1 min.
- Add sliced mushrooms along with cooked rice and all spices.
- Mix tomato ketchup, lemon juice and cook it for 3-4 mins.
- Turn off the heat and add shredded cheese mixture in pan. Toss everything once to melt cheese and make this stuffing a little sticky.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface, spread sour cream over it.
- Put these veggie-rice stuffing on one side of tortilla and roll it to make a burrito as shown in image.
- Microwave it on high for 25-30 seconds before serving!
- Any sort of beans can be added according to your choice and taste.
- To make these burritos kids-friendly, sprinkle cheese before rolling tortillas as well.
- Use your choice of veggies i.e. zucchini, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, beans etc. to add more healthy elements!
Linking this recipe to:
AkilasKitchen for Dish Name Starts with V event :)