It’s about something that accompanies our cuppa tea at the best! Savory crackers with two of the most flavorful seeds widely used in Indian spices…
- Fennel Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
You know what, even if I make a jar full of these crackers, it hardly lasts for more than 3 days!!! We keep munching them anytime, especially when they are baked :) Yes… I preferred making a baked version rather than deep-frying them! Enjoy these yummy, light and super-aromatic “2-Seeds Crackers” with a cup of tea :)
1 cup Plain Flour
½ cup Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Butter (Chilled & chopped)
2 tsp Fennel seeds (palm-crushed)
2 tsp Sesame seeds
½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
Salt, to taste
Ice water, as required
Cooking oil spray
– Mix plain flour, wheat flour and butter to form fine crumbles.
– Add fennel seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper powder and salt into it and mix well.
– Knead a medium-soft dough using ice-water.
– Cover it with lid or plastic wrap and keep aside for 10 mins.
– Divide it into 3-4 portions and roll them out with 2 mm thickness.
– Cut them using your favorite cookie-cutter :)
– Arrange all of them on a lined baking tray and bake them for around 15-20 mins till they are crisp in texture and golden-brown in color.
– Cool them to the room temp and store!
– Reason behind using ice-water for kneading dough is to make these crackers crisp.
– Crushed pepper corns can be used instead of black pepper powder :)
– You can simply put a wax (baking) paper or grease a baking tray to line it!