Make your tea-time perfect with a dish of “Besan Toast”, which is quick and easy to make! Core-vegetarian may consider it an ‘Egg less savory french toast” :)
Since I’ve watched the movie ‘Band Baaja Baarat’, I’ve been a big fan of Bread Pakoda, but making it everytime goes heavy n unhealthy for health :( So, I found an alternate which tastes very similar to that deep-fried version ;) Have it as a morning breakfast, evening snack or monsoon munching… Entirely your choice!!!
Off to recipe now…
5 Wheat breads
1 cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
1/8 tsp Ajwain (Carom seeds)
1/4 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
A pinch of Garam Masala
1/8 tsp Fruit salt (Eno)
Salt, to taste
Canola Oil, to shallow-fry
– Take besan and all spices in a bowl and mix well.
– Make a thick batter by adding water gradually.
– Trim edges of all breads and cut them diagonally in triangle shape.
– Heat a tsp of oil on flat pan.
– Dip each bread triangle in prepared batter and shallow-fry it on pan till golden-brown on both the sides.
– Serve hot with ketchup! :)
– Additionally, mix finely chopped onions and coriander to get more flavors :)
Wow! Yummy besan toast.. Loved it dear :-)