1 cup Rice
1 cup Tuver Dal
1/2 cup Potatoes (cut into cubes)
2 tsp Onions (chopped)
1/2 cup Veggies (I used carrot,cauliflower, corn, capsicum)
1/4 cup Green Peas
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste (optional)
2 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
A pinch of Hing
1/4 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
1/8 tsp Pickle Masala
Salt, to taste
– Soak rice and tuver dal together in water for around an hour.
– Heat ghee in pressure-cooker and add cumin-mustard seeds with hing.
– Once it splutters, add all potatoes, onions, veggies, ginger-garlic paste and green peas. Mix everything well and cook it for a min.
– Add soaked rice-tuver dal in it with around 2 cups of water and stir everything once.
– Pressure-cook it for 4 whistles and let it cool down for 10 mins before opening the lid.
– “Rajwadi Khichdi” is ready to serve… :)
– We call it Vaghareli Khichdi with all veggies in simple language, but one of our special friends is used to call it “RAJWADI”… so the credit goes to him :)
– Best to be served with “Yogurt Tadka”!!! Recipe for the same will be posted soon…