Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 4-5 mins
Makes: 2 servings
150 gm Paneer
1/2 Capsicum (medium)
1/2 Onion (medium)
2-3 Green chillies (cut into long strips)
1/2 cup Spring onion (greens)
1 tbsp Spring onion (whites)
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 tsp Soya sauce
1 tsp Red chilly sauce
2 tsp Cornflour + 1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
1/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice (optional)
2 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste
– Cut the paneer, onion, capsicum into cubes and keep aside.
– Heat oil in a deep pan and add ginger-garlic paste. Saute it for a while.
– Add Spring onion whites (chopped) along with green chillies, capsicum and onion cubes into it and mix well. Cook it for around a min or two, but make sure it remains crunchy.
– Add paneer cubes as well as all the condiments and spices.
– Make a slurry of cornflour and water in a separate bowl and add it into pan.
– Mix everything well, add salt only if required!
– Turn off the heat and sprinkle spring onion greens over it. Mix well.
– Transfer it to some bowl and it’s ready to eat :)
– As I said previously, I avoid using Aji-no-moto in any of the chinese dishes. You can use a pinch of it to enhance the flavors.
– Soya sauce itself is salty, so be careful when you are adding salt into it.
– I prefer sweet chilly sauce over the hot version of it, just ‘coz I can’t have much of spices in food!