Dakor na Gota
A secret treasure from traditional Gujju kitchen!!! “Dakor na Gota” – The most authentic and popular “Farsaan” from a village of Dakor :)
Back in Gujarat, you will get an instant mix packets of this at most grocery-shops… But here is how you can easily bring the same taste in your home-kitchen!!!
1 cup Besan
1/2 cup Fine semolina
1/4 tsp Green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tsp Ginger paste
1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds (crushed)
1/4 tsp Fruit salt (Eno)
1/4 tsp Black pepper (crushed)
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
3/4 cup water
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
– Take besan, semolina and all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
– Add green chillies, ginger paste along with water and make a batter with dropping consistency.
– Heat oil in deep-frying pan.
– Add fruit salt in batter and whisk it well to make it a little fluffy.
– Drop a spoonful of batter in hot oil and deep-fry them till golden in color.
– Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with your favorite chutneys!
– Add fresh fenugreek leaves (chopped) to make a very authentic version – “Methi na Gota”
– Chopped spinach leaves also gives a nice flavor to simple fritters.
– Prepare this batter half hour before you actually plan to make it.
– It goes well with Imli ki Chutney, but can be served with a thick yogurt kadhi (just as served in Dakor)
Linking this recipe to UK-Rasoi’s Event:
Pingback: Chocolate Bars | Cooking with SJ