Star Spring Salad
Rarely used “Star Fruit” gives a very different sweet & tangy flavor to this salad. Best for kids if served as tiny lettuce wraps. Here it goes:
1 cup bean sprouts*
1/2 cup chopped starfruit
1/4 cup boiled corn
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tsp finely chopped coriander
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp mustard sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp minced garlic
Pinch of black pepper powder
Salt to taste
– Take a big slice of red bell pepper and grease both the surfaces with a drop of olive oil.
– Roast it on direct gas-flame and chop it in small chunks.
– Mix all bean sprouts, boiled corn and red bell pepper in a bowl. Add chopped starfruit and coriander and mix well.
– Take all ingredients of dressing in a small bowl and whisk it for a minute.
– Arrange few lettuce leaves in serving bowl. Mix salad and dressing well and transfer it in a serving bowl.*
– Garnish with slices of starfruit and mustard sauce.
* I used a combination of adzuki, chickpeas, mung beans, peas. Ready-to-use sprouts are available but to make it in-house: Soak all beans of your choice in hot water for 5-6 hours and then drain all water out of it. Cover a bowl with damp cloth and keep it in a warm place for 36-48 hours.
* Alternatively you can serve it as tiny lettuce parcels with salad inside.
Sending it to Jagruti’s Cooking Odyssey:
Salad looks yummy !