Braided Garlic Bread
1 tsp dry yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp chopped garlic
– Dissolve yeast & sugar in lukewarm water.
– Mix plain flour, salt, oil in another bowl and add yeast mixture into it.
– Form a soft dough and cover to let it rise in warm place for an hour. When it is doubled in size, punch the dough and knead it for around 4-5 mins.
– Preheat the oven to 200.
– Divide the dough into 3 balls. Roll each of them into a snake shape of equal length.
– Join all 3 braids with one end and arrange on a lined baking tray. Make a braid crossing the middle one every time.
– Take melted butter in a bowl. Add chopped garlic into it. Brush garlic-butter over the entire loaf.
– Bake it for around 15 minutes till it is light-brown on top.
GARLIC TURNING BLUE-GREEN:
Yes, it happened while baking this bread. If this happens to you, here is a list of all possible reasons – WHY??!!!
- Garlic you used isn’t fully mature so it contains some amount of water inside.
- A reaction between sulfur content of garlic n utensils you used!
- Mixing with lemon juice or vinegar are possible reasons.
- Iodine in table salt may turn the garlic blue-green :)
“Whatever is your reason, it is 100% edible.”