Suma’s Vegetable Pulao
When bunch of friends get together for a potluck party and each one brings their own special dish… It’s super-fun, isn’t it? I couldn’t eat much on the spot… but then, I can’t eat all at once. So got a few things packed in my dibba ;) Came back to home… and had it for dinner! One of the items in it was ‘Vegetable Pulao’ :)
I have made rice dishes many times in last month or 2! Either I’m too buzy to cook a nice spread… Or I’m just being lazy ;) I have posted many of them before… But this one was, so far the most appreciated one by hubby! He absolutely loved the simplicity with flavors. I asked the creator of this pulao for the recipe.. and when she shared, I made it that day itself for dinner :P Although I made Veg Jaipuri & Paratha to go along, I couldn’t concentrate on gravy at all!!! And adding more to it, hubby (who never lets me pack a tiffin) asked to pack it too :D Blisssss…
Thank you so much, Suma… for such an easy flavorful rice dish! Next in my list is her variety of sambhars ;)
Recipe Credit: Suma <3
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 cup Mixed Veggies (bite-sized cauliflower florets, green beans, carrots, potatoes, capsicum, green peas)
1 tbsp Kitchen King Masala
3/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Hing
2 tbsp Ghee (or oil, you choose)
Salt, to taste
Coriander leaves, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Parboil all the vegetables except capsicum, strain them and transfer to a bowl.
- Wash and soak rice for half hour. Cook it until 90% done, drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds into it.
- Once it stops crackling, add hing and potatoes to it.
- Cook it covered for a few mins until potatoes are soft.
- Add all parboiled veggies along and capsicum and stir fry them well.
- Mix all the spices and then rice. Toss quickly.
- Serve it hot!!!
I don’t think you’ll need any sort of yogurt or raita or gravy to go along!!! The flavors won’t let you miss anything <3