Choco-Coco Mousse | Egg-free & Dairy-free
Last week, after baking a few vegan cakes… I had 2 extra cans of coconut cream (milk) in stock! Definitely anyone from South part of India would have loved it… or even thai food-lovers dances when they have it but it’s me, who doesn’t much like coconut except a few chutneys and laddoo :P I bugged a dear friend (Pari) to suggest me something that I can make using them… And I actually was surprised to hear the no. of dishes she suggested :) I can never imagine anything made with coconut or related stuff… Hehe, so sweet of her!
I’m yet to use 1 can out of it… but with the other one, I made this ‘Choco-Coco Mousse‘ which is egg-free and dairy-free (vegan) too :) Was bit scared while whipping up as I never ever made this before and I definitely didn’t want to spoil it… Believe me, it came out so well!!! And just posting it today (over-riding a few posts in drafts) as it’s a sister-in-law’s birthday and I didn’t want to miss a chance to wish her virtually :) I actually was to bake a cake with something strawberricious but couldn’t manage getting good strawberries from market, I had 3 other berries in stock though :P Anyways…
Many many happy returns of the day, KS!!! Happy Birthday… And don’t worry, I will have this on your behalf too :P
1 can Coconut Cream
1/2 cup Milk Chocolate (I used vegan one)
1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
1 tsp Agar Powder
3-4 tbsp Warm Water
Berries, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Chop the milk chocolate into smaller chunks and melt it using double boiler.
- Meanwhile, soak agar powder in warm water for 5 mins.
- Whip the coconut cream with sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- And then add agar mix and melted chocolate into cream.
- Whip up again to make a soft-peak cream and pour it into glasses.
- Let it set in refrigerator for about 3-4 hours.
- Top with berries and dust some icing sugar on top before serving!
- Keep the can in refrigerator overnight and without disturbing or shaking it, open and take out cream first. I kept the thinner milky content aside to use in curries.
- Always put cream, whipper elements and bowl in freezer for a while before you start whipping process.