My container was full of corn crackers for a week and after that, I wanted to make something else to munch on. And while kneading dough for thepla, I saw a spice-box tagged as carom seeds on kitchen platform. And immediately, I started preparing for another dough. Wanted to make some ‘Ajwain Poori’ i.e. Crackers with Carom Seeds for snack to have with cuppa tea :)
I’m fond of this snack since childhood! Mum used to make it often for anytime munching… And I and my brother used to gobble up all just in 2 days or so :P Even today, I can’t see a container full for more than 2-3 days!!! And yes, before I post it here, it’s empty ;)
2 cups Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
2 tsp Ajwain
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, to deep-fry
Water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Mix wheat flour with all dry ingredients and then add ghee into it.
- Use your palms and rub the flour between them until it makes crumbly texture.
- Knead a dough (paratha consistency) by adding water as required.
- Cover with a cling wrap or lid and keep it aside for half hour.
- Divide it in 30 equal balls and roll them one by one.
- Roll it poori size and fold it into half-circle and then into quarter-circle. Roll it again to make medium sized poori.
- Deep fry in oil (on medium heat) until golden brown.
- Serve with a cuppa tea!
- You can increase/reduce the amount of ajwain (carom seeds) as per your taste.
- Also, you can store these snacky bites in airtight container once they are cooled down. Shelf-life is 2 weeks!!!