Puff Pastry Tarts
I love making breakfast or brunch on weekends that appeals my eyes first! Usually, we prefer half-fried with toasts n hashbrowns. If not, we end up having omlette with bread n sauteed mushrooms. Ohhh yes, weekend breakfast hardly changes. But this time, it’s a long weekend. My morning starts @ 9 am. And then if I plan making anything, it has to be on brunch table only :P
Are you willing to start your day in style? Try out this fabulous looking brunch for two :)
This elegant and super-easy dish is quite fun to make, bake and eat. I tried both versions – Vegetarian & eggetarian! And enjoyed both of them equally. Slices of tomato and chopped spinach nestle into little puff pastry bases, add an egg on top and to make it interesting for kids, add some grated cheese too.
Don’t you think this beautiful looking brunch is portrayed so nicely in these pictures?
1 Puff Pastry Sheet (thawed)
3/4 cup Spinach Leaves
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and roughly chop spinach leaves. Cut the tomato in medium-thick slices too.
- Cut 4 equal sized squares of puff pastry sheet and make a square on edges keeping 1 cm distance.
- Place an aluminium foil over baking tray and arrange these sheets on it.
- Spread spinach leaves and put tomato slices over it. Sprinkle salt and herbs on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on 200 degrees for 5-7 mins.
- Take 2 of them out and break an egg on top carefully. Again sprinkle a pinch of salt and herbs (cheese too, if you prefer to make it for kids).
- Put them back in a tray and bake for 7-8 mins more or until egg white is set.
- By the time, vegetarian ones will be ready to take out.
- Serve them hot with a cuppa tea/coffee/juice!
- Reason behind making cuts on edges to allow the sheet puff up and be flaky from sides as moisture in center doesn’t puff up too much.
- Why I baked once and then put an egg over it to re-bake? Well, sides will puff up and it will make cavity for an egg to settle :)
These look simply delicious – and I just love how simple they are to make! Nevertheless, they are stunning and make for an impressive appetizer or dish! Thanks for sharing! ;-)
What a lovely way to start your day on a weekend. We love our breakfast this way too… :-)
I love puff pastry tarts with all sorts of fillings. These look amazing :)
These look so yumm..I want it now!!
They look amazing!!! And so easy to make!!!
Absolutely delicious!! <3 I must say that you also have beautiful photos!! :)
Those looks sooo good!! I love breakfast and brunch. That’s one of the reason we have chickens :)
Lovely tempting tarts Shruthi,awaiting you at my space:)
Yum..I wanna try these!! :)
Looks easy and I have some puff pastry sheets in the freezer. Definitely trying it!
Awesomest, easiest and fancy way to start weekends… Loved it…
These look so cute and lovely. Will make a lovely appetizer or a quick snack!
I luv puff pastry… the one with egg looks very tempting!
absolutely delicious Sj
I dont have words to say how prefect those tarts are,mindblowing.
The best part about ur food is spinach..not many ppl can think of using it so easily..its iron rich and I want to eat it often but spinach gets spoiled in the refrigerator everytime.now hopefully I can do some constructive cooking with spinach.
Awesome… I’m a greens-lover too :) And great that you noticed my focus on handy ingredients only! I myself find it tough to go n search aisles of super market every now n then :)