Almond Fudge (Badam Paak)
Before leaving for a trip to India, I thought of making some sweet dish for mandir bhog… But due to lack of ingredients in my refrigerator, I ended up thinking about easy-peasy ‘Almond Fudge’ only. In fact, that was the only option I had while winding up the stuff in house and packing bags :)
A long back, I learnt it from my mum during ‘Holi Celebrations’ of Haveli. Even though I’m not a big fan of sweets, this is the one I absolutely love eating. Nearly half hour of preparation and half hour of setting time… And your Badam Paak is ready to serve!!!
1 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
3-4 tsp Water
1 tsp Ghee
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
Slivered Almonds, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Soak almonds in hot water for 10 mins and peel the skin off.
- Grind them to make a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add almond paste in it.
- Keep stirring continuously on low flame to avoid spluttering of mixture.
- Once you find it a bit dry (approx 10-12 mins), add sugar, water and milk.
- Mix everything well and stir until it becomes thick lump. It will take around 10 mins.
- Add cardamom powder and give a quick mix.
- Transfer this mixture to a greased pan, flatten with a spatula, garnish with slivered almonds and let it cool down.
- Cut into pieces of your favorite shape.