If you ask me, “What’s my current obsession?” My response if surely going to be “Neurons of my brain are highly pre-occupied with what all dishes I can prepare using tomatoes” :)
I have been enjoying my mind-curry with tomato, I must say :P These days I’ve decided to play with plenty of tomatoes… And after using them in making of paratha, I wanted to try this rice variety too! Of course, you can play with your ingredients here where I wanted to keep it simple and comforting! But assuring you for the taste, it’s gonna be the best one for sure. Blood-red colored tomatoes, chopped as well as pureed, to be sauteed with brown onions and garlic… And addition of Sela Basmati Rice to be pressure-cooked all together!!! Yummmm… I strongly recommend you to try this out :)
Oops!!! I must add that idea was mine, but as I wasn’t feeling well that evening… it’s “Cooked and Clicked” by hubby only (I helped him in plating and set-up though) <3
1 cup Sela Basmati Rice
Puree of 1 Tomato
1/2 Tomato, chopped
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Hing
Chopped Coriander Leaves, to garnish
Water, as required
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Wash and soak basmati rice in plenty of water for half hour.
- Heat oil in pressure-cooker and add mustard seeds.
- Once it stops spluttering, add cumin seeds and hing in it and let it crackle.
- Add sliced onions, garlic and saute it for a while.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes with puree and stir everything well.
- Add soaked rice along with required amount of water and all the spices.
- Pressure-cook for 3-4 whistles and once cooled down, add lemon juice and give it a quick mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with a slice of lemon.
- You can also add finely chopped green chillies for extra heat factor.
- Take care while adding water in cooker as it already has tomato puree in it.