I believe, breakfast should always be healthy one! And if it’s a weekend, it has to be a special one too :P I love any variety of eggs with toast… in breakfast, brunch or lunch! But as I usually skip lunch, I keep a platter for morning time…
And this is my usual weekend morning…
2 Bread Slices
4 Button Mushrooms
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Heat 2-3 drops of oil in a sauce pan and break an egg directly in a pan.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder on it and cook it for nearly 1-2 mins.
- Toast both the bread slices in a toaster or flat griddle.
- Place a half-fried egg on a toast and cover it with the other toast.
- In the same pan, add mushrooms with salt and mixed herbs and cook them for nearly 3-4 mins till they are buttery soft in texture.
- Blanch spinach leaves and keep them in ice water for 2-3 mins to retain its green color. Saute it lightly with butter for a few seconds.
- Serve half-fried egg with toasts, sautéed spinach and mushrooms along with hash-browns n a cuppa tea/coffee!!!
- Don’t flip it over and cook on the other side! It’s a sunny side-up egg!