I always enjoy South-Indian food outside, but I’m too impatient to make them at home! It takes long hours in fermenting process and than if you’re making idli or vada, it’s fine! But for dosa, I find it hard to manage eating together :(
But when someone makes it for me, I love having it with mild sweet coconut-coriander chutney! Yes, everyone has their own versions of this chutney… I use curd, my sister-in-law adds a bit of garlic too! But here is my version of simple, delicious n importantly, quick ‘Coconut Chutney’:
1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
1/2 cup Grated Coconut
1/4 tsp Green Chilly, chopped
2 tsp Curd
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Urad Dal
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
A pinch of Hing
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Take all the ingredients in a mixture jar and grind them to make a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal in it.
- Once mustard seeds splutters and urad dal changes color, add hing.
- Immediately pour it to ground coconut-coriander paste and stir well.
- Serve with crisp dosa or idli!
- Curd can be eliminated here, as I used it to match my taste.