I want to be a kid again!!!
It happens many a times when you cook something and that takes you to those oldie-goldie days of childhood! Recently while making noodles in my kitchen, I recalled ‘Cheese Maggi’ we used to have after playing garba non-stop for 3-4 hours… And if I talk about maggi specifically, it brings a lovely smile on my face… I recall school-days when I used to enjoy it with my brother…
Ohh yes, I mentioned in one of the posts before that I’ve an elder brother. He used to be the one to cook maggi for me…
Getting a pack of maggi n making it for me as well as for himself was entirely his task. But I remember how he used to cheat me @ times… Being his younger sister, I always had a priviledge to enjoy my maggi first… DJ (my brother) always used to cook it first for me! Ohhh yes, separately as I didn’t prefer much of spicy one n also without veggies in it… Quickly serving mine to me n then after cooking his maggi was a sequence for him! I used to keep staring @ my bowl for long as I couldn’t ever enjoy too hot maggi, n meanwhile he used to jump over n eat 3-4 spoonfuls at a time… :( :( :(
My problem was… I wasn’t able to take a revenge by eating maggi from his bowl later on, as he loved making it too spicy n hot all the time :( Poor me…
Lemme get one chance to cook maggi for you, DJ! I’ll make yours first :P
Here you go with a maggi-style Indonesian Noodles with half-fried on top!!!
1 pack Indonesian Noodles
1 tbsp Green Peas
1 tbsp Carrots, chopped
2 Button Mushrooms
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
3 tsp Oil
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Boil noodles along with green peas and carrots in plenty of water until they are 80-90% cooked.
- Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in deep vessel and add sliced mushrooms. Saute it for a few seconds.
- Add noodles, green peas, carrots in it along with sauces n spices and toss everything well on high heat.
- Transfer it to serving plate.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a sauce pan and break an egg in it.
- Sprinkle salt and a pinch of black pepper powder and half-fry for 2-3 mins. Place it on top of noodles.
- Serve hot!!!