In last September, I got in arguments with my brother-in-law (IAG) on some matter n then I stopped talking to him! Silly me :P
Me n my sister-in-law (MIG) had decided to celebrate each family member’s b’day with a home-made cake till the time I was there! And yes, I have to mention here that we celebrated kaka and foi’s birthdays with black forest n fresh fruit cake respectively… When planned to make it for the 1st time, I was wondering if we get to eat cake :P But I must admit cake that she makes is outstanding in flavors n texture, even though she makes it in cooker!!!
So, what I was saying??!!! Ohh yes, I wasn’t talking to IAG n so I said NO for making a cake… We got to have it from bakery! And so I didn’t give him a gift too :P A few days later (when the situation was back on track), we prepared a daawat for all family members… Usually I can’t create a suspense scene, but this time it was an exception! I gifted him a beautiful self-made collage of family pictures n everyone loved it like anything… I clarified that I didn’t plan a cake or gift just ‘coz I was hurt! N then after confessing it, I felt so relaxed :P And yes yes yes… I got 100/- from dad-in-law in appreciation of such a wonderful gift :)
Huh, it has been a year now! Here is a lovely ‘Apple-Cinnamon Cake’ to wish him on his b’day n to say sorry for skipping cake last year :)
Happy Birthday, IAG!
1 cup Plain Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup Chopped Apples
1/4 cup Cooking Oil
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/4 tsp Instant Coffee
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 tsp Salt
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Sieve self-rising flour, cinnamon powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Mix butter and caster sugar in a separate bowl and whisk for 4-5 mins to make a mixture fluffy.
- Add this mixture to flour along with apple puree and milk.
- Mix everything well to make a lump-free batter.
- Pour this batter to a greased cake-mould.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 40-45 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream :)
- Insert a toothpick in it after 35-40 mins. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- You can use apple syrup to replace milk in this recipe.
beautful cake n nice decoration n combination..
Thank you dear :)