As a kid, I hardly liked any veggies in my meals… But bhindi was always in my list of favorites :) Mum never tried feed anything forcefully, but she always cooked so tasty that turned many of my dislikes into super-likes!!!
I love the most When it comes to pick fresh bhindis from baskets at veggie market! Even back in India, whenever my mum asked me to bring veggies from market, I never missed getting bhindis :P Luckily, my hubby loves it too so I cook it often… everytime with a variation!!!
‘Achari bhindi’ has been a superhit dish in my kitchen, quite on the same level of ‘Qorma Bamia’! Mixture of all tastes n flavors… Spicy, tangy, Crispy bhindi with amazing aroma of pickle masala n kasoori methi!!! Wanted to try this since long… Finally my hubby cancelled out my plan to make black chickpeas curry, I prepared this super-delicious ‘Achari Bhindi’ :)
250 gm Baby Okra (bhindi)
1 Chopped Onion
1 Chopped Tomato
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Amchur powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Ajwain seeds
A pinch of Hing
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Wash, pat-dry and trim bhindi. Thaw it first if frozen.
– Heat 4 tbsp oil in a deep vessel and shallow fry these bhindis.
– Keep around 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
– Add all 4 seeds into it and saute it till mustard seeds stops spluttering.
– Mix chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste into it and cook it till onions are translucent. Add chopped tomatoes then after and cook it for 1-2 mins till they are soft and tender.
– Add shallow-fried bhindi and all the remaining spices. Mix everything well and cook it for 4-5 mins.
– Turn the heat off and add lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves into it.
– Serve hot with Phulka Roti!!!
– Optionally, you can add a little masala of mango pickle too for more flavors!
– Here are some more dishes of ‘Bhindi’, I posted previously:
Linking this dish to Arthi’s Curries n Gravies Event:
Looks yum Shrutii loved this when tasted at a resturant
looks perfect and yum..
flavorful and delicious bhindi.
looks so wonderful….
Delecious okra yaar, thanks for linking :)
Nice click yaar, luv the okra cooked in achari style :) thanks for linking