We love pizza, but avoid having them many a times just ‘coz that isn’t a healthy option to have on menu every now n then! :( After a long time, couldn’t control my inner urge to make one at home :P
For the 1st time I had store-bought soft-pizza bases :( Didn’t have much time left for dinner to make a dough n ferment n roll n all… Phewwwww!!! Here is a pizza with sliced mushrooms n caramelized onions picked for toppings :) I added a little amount of capsicum n corn too for a crunchy texture, which can be eliminated for sure!
2 Soft-Pizza Bases
8 Button Mushrooms
1 cup Onion (caramelized)
1/4 cup Chopped Capsicum
1 cup Pizza Sauce (I used grilled veggies flavor)
Oregano, to sprinkle
1 cup Pizza Cheese
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Wash and trim button mushrooms properly. Cut them into thin slices.
– Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in pan.
– Add sliced mushrooms, onions and capsicum into it and sprinkle a pinch of salt.
– Toss everything on high heat.
– Take a soft-pizza base and spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce evenly over it.
– Arrange 1/2 of the topping mixture onto it.
– Sprinkle 1/2 cup pizza cheese over it and then oregano. Repeat the same process for another pizza.
– Bake them in preheated oven for around 12-15 mins on 200 degrees.
– Here is a link to follow for caramelizing onions:
– A recipe to make pizza-sauce will be posted soon! :)