Protein packed, low fat and delicious patties to add a different element on your burger bun or pita bread! I have previously posted the recipe for Falafel and here is a sibling of that…
Tiny chunks of chickpeas gives a lovely taste n texture to these patties and that worked for me! You can add finely chopped veggies (carrots, beans etc.) if you wish to make healthier one. I kept them simple n loved serving them as an appetizer or evening snack.
1 cup Boiled Chickpeas (Qabuli Chana)
1 Boiled Potato (medium)
1/4 cup Onion cut into thin strips
3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Mint Powder
2 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Grind boiled chickpeas coarsely and transfer it to a big bowl.
– Mash boiled potato and add it along with onions into it.
– Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with all spices and mix everything well.
– Divide the mixture in 6-8 portions.
– Give a desired shape to all patties and coat them with remaining breadcrumbs for extra crispness.
– Heat oil on a shallow-fry pan and put 3-4 patties at time.
– Let it be golden-brown and crunchy on both the sides. Take them out on an absorbent paper to drain excess oil and remain crunchy.
– Serve hot with Coriander-Mint Chutney!
– You can add fresh chopped mint leaves instead of using mint powder!
– Add more breadcrumbs if it’s hard to shape the patties.
– Arrange a lettuce on burger bun, put this patty and top up with your salad slices n cheese! Burger is ready to serve…
deliicous patties with mint flavor, love it…
wow…looks delicious :)@http://www.welcomefoodie.blogspot.com/
wow..looks yummy :)@ http://www.welcomefoodie.blogspot.com/
wonderful snack to munch
Delicious and wonderful patties!
gorgeous clicks !
Super Crunchy snack!!!!!!!!!http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/
Love the combination of flavors in your patties. Peter @ Feedyoursoul2.com