It happened many a times before marriage when my hubby asked me what all I had in lunch/dinner & I replied in a word – “Aloo Paratha”!!! He used to wonder how many times in a week I ate the same thing!!!
To be honest, I simply loved it (I’m still loving it) in breakfast, lunch or dinner!!! But that time, I wasn’t making these extremely delicious parathas by myself… My mum used to make it 2-3 times a week on my demand ;) Now I make it often as my hubby loves it too ;) I don’t need to mention… we both are big-time potato lovers :P
Here is a recipe of my simple n tasty “Aloo Paratha”:
2 cups Wheat Flour
4 Boiled Potatoes
2 tbsp Chopped Coriander
1 tsp Crushed Fennel Seeds
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Amchur Powder
Salt, to taste
Salt, to taste
2 tsp Oil (to knead dough)
Oil or Ghee (clarified butter), to cook
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Mix wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl. Knead a soft dough using water as required. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 mins.
– Take all boiled potatoes in a mixing bowl and mash it well.
– Add all the dry spices along with chopped coriander and mix them well. Stuffing is ready!
– Divide the stuffing as well as dough in 8 equal sized balls.
– Take one ball and again divide it into 2. Roll both of them out to make 4″ diameter.
– Put a stuffing balls on one of them and cover it with other. Roll them out carefully (stuffing should not pop out of it) and make around 8″ in diameter.
– Heat a flat pan and roast this paratha on it. Flip it over in 40-45 seconds and apply a few drops of oil.
– Flip it again and apply oil on the other side as well. Cook it till you see golden-brown spots on both the sides of paratha. Follow the same process to make all parathas.
– Serve hot with chilled yogurt and a dollop of tangy pickle!!! :)
– Optionally, 1/4 cup finely chopped (or shredded) onions can be added for more flavors!
– Best if you use clarified butter for cooking them! If not, you can dry-roast them on pan and then apply butter before serving :)