Spaghetti – A type of thin, cylindrical pasta and that too with garlicky mushroom flavor! Yummm…
It’s very easy, quick to cook under 30 mins and of course, super delicious! It looks and tastes as good as anything you order in Italian eating joint, if you’re a pasta-lover. Optionally, add a bunch of roasted / grilled veggies i.e. broccoli, carrots, capsicum to the dish… And it’s definitely a treat to kids!
6 Button Mushrooms
1/2 pack Spaghetti (I used semolina-based)
2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
3 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1/4 tsp Paprika
4-5 drops of Capsico Sauce (Option: 1 tsp Red chilly sauce)
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Cornstarch
3 tsp Water
– Boil water in a big vessel and add 1 tsp olive oil along with salt. Add spaghetti in it and boil it for around 5-7 mins. Turn off the heat when it’s 85%-90% done.
– Drain excess water out of it, rinse with fresh water and apply 1 tsp olive oil to keep them non-sticky.
– Wash and trim (remove stems) of button mushrooms and slice them medium-thick.
– Heat olive oil in a deep pan and add minced garlic to it. Saute it for a few seconds.
– Add sliced mushrooms and cook it for 30-35 seconds only. Make sure you don’t overcook it.
– Mix all the spices and capsico sauce. Add cooked spaghetti and pour cornstarch slurry over it.
– Toss it gently and serve hot!!!
– Can be a quick, simple meal to be served with garlic bread.
– To make it more kids-friendly, sprinkle cheese on top… It will definitely be a kids-party pleaser :)
– The best to be a part of Italian Sizzler!!!