500 gm Bhindi
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 cup Chopped onion
1/2 cup Chopped tomato
1/4 cup Chopped capsicum
1/2 cup Yogurt
1/4 cup Besan
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/8 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1/2 tsp Amchur powder
A pinch of Hing
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Oil
– Wash bhindi under tap water and pat them well with a piece of cloth.
– Make round cuts in even size and keep aside.
– Heat a small pan and dry-roast besan and crushed fennel seeds together till it start releasing nice aroma. Transfer it to a small ball and cool down to room temp.
– Heat oil in kadai and add cumin seeds and hing.
– Once it starts crackling, add ginger garlic paste along with chopped onion and capsicum.
– Saute it for a while and add bhindi cuts into it and cook for around 10-12 mins until its soft and tender.
– Mix besan, fennel seeds and yogurt in a bowl and whisk to remove all lumps.
– Add chopped tomato, yogurt mix and all the spices into kadai and mix well.
– Cook for 2 mins and it’s ready to serve!!! :)
– Vertically cut bhindi can be used as well.
– Lemon juice can be used to replace amchur powder.
– Frozen bhindi takes less time in cooking than fresh ones! So, keep your clock on :)
– Bharwan Bhindi
– Achaari Bhindi
Recipes of possible variations will be posted soon on Food Court!!! :)