Basmati Rice (washed and ground to a coarse powder)
Almonds (cut into slivers)
1. Heat ghee and fry sevaiyan in it till golden brown. Keep aside.
2. Combine sugar with just enough water to cover it and cook till a two-string consistency syrup is made. Mix in fried sevaiyan and cook for a few more minutes.
3. In another vessel, combine the maava with half the milk and sugar and cook to make rabdi.
4. In a frying pan, combine remaining milk with remaining sugar and ground rice and cook to make firnee. Mix in cardamom powder.
5. In a serving bowl, make a layer of sevaiyan. Top with a layer of firnee, followed by a layer of rabdi, topped with almonds. Repeat the process for all serving bowls.
6. Serve chilled.