As I’m drafting this post, I can see the temperature down to 6 degrees now :( It’s already mid-winter time n I wonder why we haven’t had soupy night so far…
Finally, convinced KG for a soup bowl packed with his favorite entities inside 😄 Ohhh yes, he absolutely loves his noodles n well, who doesn’t love potstickers!!! I started off with a vegetable stock… Used all tidbits of veggies that I had in my fridge, more because I wanted to avoid store-bought high-sodium vegetable stock… But trust me, mine was sure shot better than the readymade ones 😊
So, all that I used for stock… Onions, carrot, cabbage, ginger, garlic, red chillies, stem of silverbeet n a pinch of salt… N simmer simmer and simmer!!!
Potstickers… I had got ready wonton wrappers n filling contained carrots, cabbage n bell pepper cooked with soy sauce n spices :)
And now it’s about assembling it all… Here is how I made it!
3-4 cups Vegetable Stock
5-6 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 pack Maggi Noodles, no tastemaker
1 cup Silverbeet, chopped
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp light Soy Sauce
Pepper powder, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Simmer the vegetable stock in a big pot, on medium heat.
- Heat oil n fry all potstickers to get crisp flat side which will take about 2 mins. Transfer them to the stock n let it get cooked for 5 mins.
- After first 2 mins, add maggi noodles n cook for next 3 mins along with the potstickers.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in the same pan and saute garlic till it gets lightly browned. Add mushrooms, quickly toss them n add it to the stock pot.
- Heat a tsp of oil again and stir-fry silverbeet for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour this soup in a bowl n add silverbeet on top. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper n some drizzles of light soy according to your taste. For garnish, you can use fried onions too :)