You remember my recent post on garlic scapes??!!! I made a jar full of ‘Pickled Garlic Scapes‘ and still had a few in stock. So I tried out one of my favorite – “Maharastrian Thecha” :) Well, let me share some tips & tricks for those who stay away from garlic:
- It not only enhances a dish with pungent flavour, it helps protect you against scary diseases i.e. Tuberculosis, Cancer, Cholesterol!!!
- If process of peeling garlic gives you pain, microwave cloves for 10-12 seconds and skin comes off easily.
- Chew a few leaves of fresh parsley or mint after having garlic.
- Peel off, chop/slice and keep garlic on bench for 10 mins for enzymes to release.
- Also, never cook it on high heat and cook it as less as possible.
Chop them fresh… Sprinkle over your salad plates; grind to make a pesto; sauté with chillies; add in your pizza base or pasta dish and lots more to do with this amazing ingredient.
6 Garlic Cloves
2 Green Chilly
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Asafoetida
Salt, to taste
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Peel and finely chop garlic cloves.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once it crackles, add asafoetida and green chillies into it.
- Saute for a min and add garlic along with salt.
- Let it cook for around 2 mins and turn off the heat.
- It’s ready to serve with any dish.