Sweet Corn Soup
Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of hot soup! To me, ‘Sweet Corn Soup’ works the best :) Not everybody likes it, but if I’m given an option, I always go for it!!!
I remember all dinners I had with my little cousins… They all are fond of either tomato or hot ‘n’ sour soup! There’s only one, Radhi who accompanies me in sharing a bowl of soup :) Hubby too doesn’t like it and so I hardly simmer it in-house! And this is the 1st time, and probably the last time I made it in my current kitchen!!! Well, along with veggies, I added Mushroom Dumplings to make him like it a little bit at least… Actually, I didn’t want to see him giving me odd expressions while I’m sipping on mine! :)
Try this out… If not me, then you :P
1/2 cup Creamed Corn
2 tbsp Crushed Sweet Corn
2 cups Vegetable Stock
1 tsp Vinegar (optional)
1 tsp Soy Sauce
2-3 tbsp Chopped Veggies
Salt, to taste
Pepper Powder, to taste
Spring Onion Greens, to garnish
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Simmer good quality vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Add creamed corn along with crushed corn and all the spices.
- Mix in soy sauce and keep stirring continuously for 3-4 mins.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to serving bowl.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot!
- Recipe for Mushroom Dumplings: https://cookingwithsj.com/2013/06/02/mushroom-dumplings/
- I prefer adding lemon juice to replace vinegar, as I’m allergic to it :(