Lasaniya Bataka || Garlicky Baby Potatoes
‘Happy Rakhi Day’ to my lovely brothers for being there for me all the time!!! :) A beautiful day to cherish a beautiful relation of brother-sister… Ideally, I should post something sweet for the day, but all my brothers are pretty much fond of hot ‘n’ spicy food… And I considered choice of each one of them while drafting this one… Definitely, they are ‘Kathiyawadi’ (Saurastra, Gujarat) food-lovers :P
~A special dish from my native – SJ version though~
10 Baby Potatoes
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 cup Chopped Onion
1 tsp Chopped Green Chillies
1/2 cup Tomato Puree
1/2 cup Full Cream
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
– Boil the baby potatoes and peel them. Prick here and there… everywhere with fork :)
– Take them in a bowl and add all the dry spices.
– Add full cream too and toss it well. Cover with a cling wrap and keep in freeze for an hour.
– Heat oil in a vessel and add cumin seeds.
– Once it crackles, add chopped green chillies, onions and garlic into it. Saute it till onions are translucent.
– Add tomato puree and cook it for a min.
– Mix marinated baby potatoes into it and coat each potato nicely with a thick gravy.
– Cook it covered for 4-5 mins and turn off the heat.
– Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves!
– Serve hot with Phulka Roti :)
– Add more garlic for more flavors!!! :)