2 Riped Tomatoes
1/4 Onion (medium)
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 tsp Ginger-Green Chilly paste
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Cooking Oil (I preferred Olive Oil)
1/8 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/8 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Hing
Salt, to taste
– Put the tomatoes in hot water for a few mins and peel them.
– Take peeled tomatoes, onion and garlic in a mixture jar and grind them coarsely.
– Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds, hing.
– Once it crackles, add tomato mixture and then all the spices and sugar.
– Mix well and cook it on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
– Turn off the heat and transfer it to a bowl.
– Add lemon juice and mix well. It’s ready… :)
– Onion and garlic can be eliminated for a jain version.
– Can be served with any sort of parathas.